Living a green free life is in important to many and thus knowing exactly how one’s home state ranks within the United States for being green is important. The following is the top 10 States for being green based on consumption of energy, pollution, and their policies regarding energy.
10. Colorado has over 6 of its energy output from alternative resources.
9. Oregon utilizes state wind farms to produce hydroelectric energy, which ranks them second in the U.S.
8. Idaho generates the highest amount of renewable energy in the U.S. and ranks fifth for its production of geothermal energy.
7. Montana has the lowest ozone particulates in the U.S.
6. South Dakota has the lowest pollution due to the state having the least amount of residents of all the states.
5. Hawaii produces the smallest amount of toxic waste.
4. Nevada has minimal water pollution.
3. New Hampshire has extremely low pollution.
2. Maine uses renewable resources for over half of the electricity it provides its residents.
1. Vermont being very low in population, produces less pollution. The policies in effect to reduce energy, promote efficiency, as well as alternative energy has far surpassed all other States in the U.S.